Looking for information about Denison

Get Established ~ Denison Iowa

Get Established.  The following is important information that you may find useful when relocating to Denison Iowa.  The following information is about Denison and some of the outlying areas. 

Cable Television service in Denison is offered by Mediacom Cable Services.  Form more information or to request a hook up call (800) 432-9213.  Satellite service is also available through Midwest Satellite and Sales, Denison, Iowa at 712-263-2820.

Electric service is provided by Denison Municipal Utilities.  You can call (712) 263-4154 for more information. For areas outside of Denison call Western Iowa Power Cooperative at (712) 263-2943 or (800) 253-5189.

Black Hills Utility provide gas for Denison.  If you are in need of this service please call (800) 303-0752.

Frontier Communications is the provider of telephone service.  Call (800) 570-6340 to get your service connected. 

Day Care services you can call the Child Care Resource Referral office in Carroll, Iowa at (800) 999-5101 for information on day care and pre-schools in Denison.

You must obtain a new driver's license within 30 days of moving to the state.  Driver's license must be renewed within 30 days before or after the birthday in the year of expiration.  The Drivers License station is located on the second floor of the Crawford County Courthouse, 1202 Broadway.  For more information call (712) 263-3439.  Vehicles must be registered with Crawford County within 30 days of relocation.  The motor Vehicle Registration office is also located on the second floor of the Crawford County Courthouse, 1202 Broadway.  Call (712) 263-2178 for more information on vehicle registration.

All dogs and cats within the city limits of Denison must be registered yearly.  Proof of rabies vaccine is required.  Please check with the City Clerk's office at (712) 263-3143 for current fees.

The City of Denison has a mandatory recycling program.  You can purchase a recycle bin at City Hall.  City Hall is located at 111 North Main.  Stop in or call City Hall for more information on the recycling program (712) 263-3143.

Trash collection is handled at the City Clerk's office at 111 North Main.  Please call (712) 263-3143 to order trash collection service. 

To be eligible to vote, you must register 10 days before primary and general elections and 11 days before all other elections.  Registration can be done at the County Auditors Office located on the second floor of the Crawford County Courthouse.  For more information call (712) 263-3045.  

The Denison Post Office is located at 102 North Main. Hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.  The lobby is open 24 hours. 

The Norelius Community Library is located at 1403 1st Avenue South.  Library hours are Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.  Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Closed on Sunday.